The Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance offers networking and continuing education with accounting and finance professionals at the local, regional and national levels. Our members communicate both virtually and in-person through online discussion forums, national and regional conferences and chapter meetings.
Please note that you must purchase both a national and chapter membership.
National Membership Categories:
- Regular Member ($140) – Holds a CPA certificate or equivalent or has two/more years of experience in accounting or finance or holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Affiliate Member ($140) – Not actively engaged in the accounting or finance industry or has a substantial interest in accounting or finance.
- Student/Associate Member ($45) – Regularly enrolled student or has fewer than 2 years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Retired Members ($33) – Members must meet specified qualifications to attain this status.
Note there is a $25.00 application fee for new members that is not included in the prices above.
The San Diego Chapter dues:
- Regular Member ($43.00)
- Affiliate/Student/Associate Member ($22.00)
- Retired Members ($15.00)
You will be able to select your chapter when visiting the AFWA’s online store after you begin the registration process and select your national membership.
You will be redirected to our National Website
The Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance also offers a Corporate Membership Program that provides a benefit for companies that enroll 5 or more members at the same time. Individuals who become members under this plan will receive all the benefits of our membership at a special discounted dues rate, and the company will be eligible to choose from several corporate bonuses.
Benefits of Membership
AFWA is “Education, Inspiration, Networking and Fun!” AFWA is a member-driven organization dedicated to:
Expanding members’ technical knowledge, skills and abilities.
Keeping members current in their field of expertise.
Providing career management and transition guidance and assistance.
Our benefits include
- Prestigious Status of professional affiliation
- Business contacts locally and nationally
- Personal and professional support
- Relocation network
- Scholarships for new and returning students
- Job referral network
- Exclusive access to positions made available to the San Diego AFWA chapter
- Leadership opportunities
- Business management and leadership skills development
- National newsletter
- Local chapter newsletter
- CPE credit for most member meetings at no additional cost
- Low cost, high quality CPE at local area, national meetings and conferences
- Special member rates for meeting, conferences, and products
- Discounted membership to the Institute for Management Accountants (IMA)
AFWA is women employed in a variety of accounting and financial functions united by a common purpose: to enable women in all fields of accounting and finance to achieve their personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of the profession.