The Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) was formed in 1938 as the American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA) with the goal of increasing the opportunities for women in all fields of accounting and finance. The first chapter was chartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
AFWA is a member-driven organization dedicated to:
- expanding members’ technical knowledge
- skills and abilities
- keeping members current in their field of expertise
- providing career management
- transition guidance and assistance
The mission of the San Diego chapter of AFWA is to enable women in all accounting and related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession.
Our benefits include:
- business contacts locally and nationally
- personal and professional support
- relocation network
- scholarships for new and returning students
- job referral network
- leadership opportunities
- business management and leadership skills development
- opportunity to earn CPE credit for most member meetings at no additional cost
- low cost, high quality CPE at local, area and national meetings and conferences
- special member rates for meetings, conferences, and products
To learn more about the Accounting and Financial Women’s Alliance, click here to visit the national AFWA website.