The mission of AFWA San Diego is to enable women in all accounting and finance related fields to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential and to contribute to the future development of their profession. Members include partners in national, regional and local CPA firms, financial officers, controllers, academicians, staff accountants, financial analysts, data processing consultants, recent college graduates, students, and women returning to the work force. The majority of our members have attained professional certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFP.
Scholarship awards available from the AFWA San Diego Chapter for the 2018-2019 School Year are as follows:
- Master’s Degree Scholarship – One (1) $750 award to support the cost of attending a Master’s Program in accounting or finance.
- Undergraduate Scholarship – Two (2) $500 award to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Bachelor’s degree.
- Associate or Certificate Scholarship – One (1) $250 award to support the cost of attending 1st or 2nd year when pursuing an accounting, finance or related Associates Degree or to support the cost of attending a Certificate program in Accounting, finance or related field..
In addition to the scholarship award, all scholarship recipients will be eligible to attend AFWA San Diego’s meetings and events at the member price for one year from the date of award.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in the appropriate educational program
- Applicants must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Deadline for applying is FEBRUARY 28, 2018. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. Questions may be directed to Pebbles Dumon, AFWA Treasurer & Scholarship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship awards available from The Foundation of AFWA for the 2018-2019 School Year are as follows:
Scholarships from The Foundation of AFWA are open to the public. Although membership in AFWA is not required, an endorsement by a member or Chapter of AFWA may increase your chances of earning a scholarship.
- Undergraduate Scholarship – This is to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. Your application may be submitted directly to The Foundation of AFWA or to the San Diego chapter.
- Master’s Scholarship – This is for those enrolled in an accounting or finance master’s program at an accredited college or university. Your application may be submitted directly to The Foundation of AFWA or to the San Diego chapter.
- Diversity Undergraduate Scholarship – (Sponsored by Ledgent) This is to support the cost of a Minority Student attending the 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when pursuing an accounting or finance degree. This opportunity opens annually each fall and must be submitted directly to The Foundation of AFWA. Please go to www.afwa.org, click on Foundation/Scholarship link to download the application specific to this opportunity.
- Paula Zanni Award – Each year, a few outstanding scholars are selected from the Undergraduate and Master’s scholarship applicants to receive this prestigious award.
Deadline for submitting Undergraduate and Master’s applications is FEBRUARY 28, 2018. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. Questions may be directed to Pebbles Dumon, AFWA Treasurer & Scholarship Chair, at email@example.com.
Member Scholarship awards available from The Foundation of AFWA to be awarded seasonally in the Fall and/or Spring are as follows:
- Certification – To support the exam fees of AFWA members for any one of the following certifications: CPA, CFP, CFE, CIA, CMA, or CVA. Candidates are those who have recently passed all parts of the exam.
- CPAexcel® / CMA Review – To provide registration for a Wiley CPAexcel®, CMA or CIA review course.
- National Dues Reimbursement for Unemployed Members – To assist dedicated AFWA Members with the expense of National Membership Dies who are unemployed at the time of their membership renewal. Applicants must have been a member of AFWA for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years and actively involved with either local or national leadership.
- PhD Scholarship – To cover the cost of research for a student seeking a PhD degree in accounting.
Member scholarship applications are available at the AFWA National website (www.afwa.org), then click on the Foundation/Scholarships link. Download the appropriate application and submit once completed.