- This event has passed.
2nd Annual Student Outreach – “What’s Next?”
February 19, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
This event is geared to help students transition from school to a career, those seeking to change careers, and those who want to re-start their careers by providing them with real world information about the various accounting and financial industries ,certifications requirements, and how to get their “foot in the door”. Presented by a panel of experienced professionals who represent a cross-section of the accounting and finance fields.
- Educator – Reuven Rubinson, CPA, MBA an Adjunct Faculty Member with DeVry University
- Finance/Banking – Brandon Linster, Vice President & Sr. Financial Advisor with Union Bank Investment Services
- Government – Kathleen Chadwick BBA, MBA – Tax Auditor with Board of Equalization
- Industry Accountant (CMA) – Kelly Banner, C<A, MBA – Controller with Pacific Shellfish Inc.
- Public Accountant (CPA) – Jorge Marquez, CPA – Sr. Executive Recruiter with Vistage International
This event is free for students and members. Guest are $10
Click on the “Register Now!” button at the bottom of the page to register. Limited seating please register early to reserve your spot.
To provide this event at no cost to students and members we are so grateful to our Corporate Sponsors. Be sure to stop by their tables before and after the panel speakers.
- 5th Avenue Insurance Services – Personal, Business, and Life & Health Insurance
- Levitzacks – Certified Public Accountants
- Ledgent – Accounting & Finance – Specialists in Professional Staffing
- Randstad Staffing & Recruiting
- Robert Half Finance & Accounting – Accounttemps
- SDI Staffing – Insurance, Banking & Financial Services
- UC San Diego Extension – Continuing Education
- Union Bank – Personal Banking & Financial Services
Scholarship Drawing Prizes
$50 value gift cards or basket will be donated by each of our Corporate Sponsor to help money for the AFWA Scholarship fund. AFWA San Diego Chapter will be awarding Three (3) Scholarship for the 2014 – 2015 academic school year.
You can pre-purchase Scholarship Drawing Tickets by clicking on the “Register Now!” button below. Tickets are 1 ticket = $5 and 3 tickets = $10. All proceeds go directly to support the AFWA Scholarship Fund.
All donations to raise money for the AFWA Scholarship Fund are tax deductible. If you would like to donate a gift or money please contact [email protected]
All scholarships are being award to those students in the accounting and finance fields.
- Master’s Degree Scholarship: A $750 award to support the cost of attending a Master’s Program
- Undergraduate Scholarship: A $500 award to support the cost of attending 3rd, 4th, or 5th year when persuing a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Associate or Certificate Scholarship: A $250 award to support the cost of attending 1st or 2nd year when persuing an Associates Degree or the cost of attending a Certificate Program in Accounting.
5:30 – 6:00 PM Registration, Sponsor Tables, and appetizers
6:00 – 7:30 Panelist & Audience questions
7:30 -7:40 Announcement and Scholarship drawing
7:40 – 8:30 Hot Appetizers & desserts, Sponsor tables, Resume Review, networking & socializing