- This event has passed.
AFWA Dinner & Speaker – February 16 – Sam Brown “Workers’ Compensation Updates & How it Effects the Employer”
February 16, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$40.00
Download the presentation from this event: 2017 Workers’ Comp updates
Join us at the Bali Hai Restaurant for our AFWA Dinner & Speaker event with Sam Brown, VP, AAI who will present “Workers’ Compensation Updates & How it Effects the Employer”.
2017 Workers’ Compensation Updates:
CA employers will have an unusual number of workers’ compensation issues to manage in 2017, as a wave of new regulatory and legislative changes take effect.
This presentation will cover following:
- Workers’ compensation insurance experience modification rating changes for 2017
- Changes to first aid reporting requirements
- Claim frequency vs. severity and how it affects an employer’s rating
- New officer exemption rules
- Which historical years factor into workers’ compensation insurance rates
- How to quickly calculate your “controllable premium”
- Future of the drug-free workplace / post-accident drug testing
Speaker: Sam Brown
Designation(s): AAI (Accredited Advisor in Insurance)
Title: Vice President, Human Services Group
Sam began his insurance career working for General Electric, a national insurance carrier. Desiring more interaction with clients and risk managers, he then joined Rancho Mesa Insurance Services in 2010 to grow the Human Services department. Sam values his role in the industry and community, joining the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers Association of San Diego in 2012. He served as President in 2015.
Sam and his wife, Jaime, live in Poway with their two children. They spend free time on the soccer and baseball fields, while also getting to the beach as much as possible. Sam serves on the Board at North County Lifeline.
Vice President, Human Services Group
Rancho Mesa Insurance Services, Inc., January 2010 – Present
2015 Hot 100 list (IBA Magazine)
2015 Top 10 broker list (IBA Magazine)
Earn 1 CPE Credit for Attending!
Waikiki Menu:You may select from any of the following:
- Crispy Beef – bell pepper, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, onion
- Korean Chicken – onion in a house made sweet sesame sauce
- Honey cashew shrimp – red and green bell peppers, candied cashews
- Sweet & Sour Tofu – pineapple, peppers, onion, celery in a house made sauce
Served with family steamed white rice and wok’ed vegetables
Also included in each package:
Coffee, tea, iced tea and water and House starter salad
Members & Students $40.00 & All Guests $45.00
Scholarship Opportunity Prizes
$450 Facial Package
$50 Gift Card – Grace Staten
$25 Spa & Wine Set – Shelly Waddell
$25 Bali Hai Gift Certificate – Bali Hai Restaurant
Pre-Buy your tickets when you register!
Click on the link below to register or RSVP.