- This event has passed.
AFWA Dinner & Speaker – Matt Hyman “Benefits of a Workplace Wellness Program”
November 9, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$30.00
Join us at Bud’s Louisiana Cafe for our guest speaker Matt Hyman, Employee Benefit Specialist with CMR Risk & Insurance. Matt will be speaking on “Benefits of a Workplace Wellness Program.” Come find out more about this growing trend and how you and your company can benefit from this program.
Benefits of a Workplace Wellness Program:
- Health Care Facts
- How Lifestyle Choices effect Health
- Group Health Insurance in California
- Preventable Illness
- Workplace Wellness = Solution
- Benefits of a Workplace Wellness Program
- Workplace Wellness Trends
- Creating a Workplace Wellness Program
|Matt Hyman, Human Capital Consultant, CMR Risk & Insurance, Inc.|
Matt is an Employee Benefits Specialist who works with CEO’s, CFO’s, HR Professionals, and business leaders to construct cost effective, sustainable employee benefits and wellness programs that attract and retain top talent. His role as a benefits broker is to apply his skills and experience to develop and serve new and existing clients and assist them in navigating the ever-evolving world of health care reform and to help them find better ways to control their costs through different plan designs and funding methods.
After living in numerous states he settled in Southern California in 2001. In his free time you will find Matt engaged in athletics and frequenting many of the great outdoors activities San Diego has to offer with his German Shepard. Matt obtained a BA from The University of Arizona in 2012.
CPE Credit: “Personnel/HR-Human Resources Management”
- Veggie Creole – A mild tomato creole sauce with peas, mushrooms, squash, green beans and garbanzo beans. With the option to have over rice or penne pasta.
- Louisiana Chicken – Chicken breast in a cream sauce with a lightly spice Tasso (smoked ham) with peas and mushrooms served over rice and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Cajun Jambalaya -Spicy rice dish with smoked chicken thigh and breast, andouille sausage, tasso ham with caramelized onion, celery, green peppers and creole seasoning.
Choice of one extra portion of protein in addition to above listed protein: Andouille sausage, smoked chicken thigh, or chicken breast.
- Mardi Gras Pasta – Shrimp and crawfish sautéed in a sherry tomato cream sauce with capers and mushrooms tossed with penne pasta and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Choice of refillable drinks: Iced tea, Sweet tea, Arnold Palmer, and Coffee
- or 1 soft drink choice of coke, Diet Coke, 7-up, Dr. Pepper, lemonade, Root Beer, or Sparkling water.
- Additional soft drinks, wine and beer may be purchased.
Scholarship Opportunity Prizes
- $450 Facial Package – Alvarado Skin Care
- $25 Gift Certificate – Bud’s Louisiana Cafe
- Pre-Buy your tickets when you register!
Members & Students $30.00 & All Guests $35.00