- This event has passed.
AFWA Holiday Mixer – Thurs. Dec 8th
December 8, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm$15.00
It’s the Holidays and it’s time to mix and mingle! Don’t forget we have moved the date up by a week. Our Holiday Mixer is the 2nd Thursday in December!
Join us for a Holiday Mixer & White Elephant Gift Exchange at 94 Aero Squadron. Your registration price of $15 includes (2) Happy Hour Drinks and appetizers.
If you would like to participate in the White Elephant Gift Exchange then bring a wrapped gift $10 or less. Gift Ideas: a gift card, wine, booze, gag gift, holiday gift, or anything else you can think of!
Here are the rules to the White Elephant Gift Exchange game before:
The Gifts…Something funny, nice or weird…
- All gifts should be wrapped.
- Don’t mark your gift with your name.
The Game Basics…
- Everyone will draw a number that will determine when they will take their turn.
- The game consists of ’rounds’ where gifts can be stolen from other players.
- Anyone who has a gift stolen from them becomes the ‘player’ and can steal from another or open a new gift.
- Every ’round’ ends when a new gift is opened from the gift table
The Rules of ‘Stealing’…
- Each gift can only be stolen once per each round.
- When a player is trying to decide what to take, you should hold up your gift if it’s still eligible to be stolen. (Hiding gifts is not allowed.)
- Decisions for stealing should be made as quickly as possible.
- Round 1: The person who drew #1 picks a gift from the gift table and opens it.
- Round 2: The person who drew #2 can either open a gift from the table or steal the gift from person #1. If the gift is stolen from #1, then #1 opens a new gift.
- Round 3: Person #3 can choose to steal the gift from #1 or #2 or open a new gift. If the gift is stolen from #1 or #2, they become the player and can either steal the gift from the remaining player or decide to end the round by opening a gift.
- Rounds 4 and on: The game continues with stealing and opening until the last gift is opened.
- Possible last round: If the person who drew #1 still has the same gift they opened and never had a chance to steal, one final round will be conducted with person #1 starting as the player.
We will have some awesome gifts for you to win if you purchase Scholarship Holiday Tickets!
You can pre-purchase them when you Register and there is a great new pricing for the holiday!
3 tickets for $5 or 10 Tickets for $10
Click on the link below to register or RSVP